The village of Alaró is located in the western side of Mallorca bordering the municipalities of Consell, Santa Maria, Binissalem and Lloseta. It is very striking that the town of Alaró has a topography drawn in part by the Serra de Tramuntana (World Heritage) advances to the southeast forming a plain in which two elevations stand out, Puig d'Alaro and Puig de S'Alcadena
For many years Alaró was one of the islands best kept secrets. A favourite amongst the sailing community and expatriates relocating to the island. The central location, nestled in an elevated position at the foot of the Tramuntana allows residence to feel a wonderful sense of rural lifestyle whilst being well-connected to Palma only 25 minutes away.
Many homeowners commute on a daily basis to the capital of Palma de Majorca or to the beautiful towns and beaches in the north of the island. The residential market itself is not particularly large. There are only approximately 6000 residence, 1000 of which international residence and property owners from all over the world. There is a strong sense of community and culture and healthy balance between the local population and international crowd. The authentic markets on Saturdays and beautiful architecture of the old town makes this village a favorite amongst visitors from all over the world. Especially cyclists.
1. Los Damunt is situated in the north of the Village where the mountains meet houses. In some respects his district is considered its own autonomous neighborhood. Connected by three roads from the main village, with an independent car park and plaza called Cabrit y Bassa, where you’ll find two restaurants. Very popular with the international crowd and framed beautifully with the mountain backdrop.
A two bedroom, renovated townhouse and with a small patio well typically cost €350,000 in this part of Alaró.
2. Carrer Pujol: this is not so much a district but actually a road that stretches over the top of Alaró, from Los Damunt around the mountain and back down towards Orient. A first choice for those seeking incredible panoramic views over the village on the cross Mallorca. Top tip; invest in a property with a garage or parking close by. From the elevated position on the hillside you’re bound to keep very fit if you decide to walk to the Village and back every day. This may be a bit challenging if you have to carry shopping.
3. Casco Antiguo: the old town is principally the original village built around the church in the center. Much like any village, town or city of Mallorca, properties with traditional features, outdoor space and views are the most sought after amongst foreign investors. The average 3 to 4 bedroom house with a decent garden will cost approximately €440,000 plus the cost to renovate.
4. Lower Alaró; below the old town is where one will find predominantly new buildings and apartment blocks. The investment level is not as high as many of these buildings do not have old world charm. However, there is a constant demand for rental properties and apartments for first time buyers. A three bedroom apartment can be acquired for €230,000.
5. Alaró countryside: surrounding Alaró in every direction there are beautiful country properties. whilst so many buyers favor Sea Views, there is something to be said for the magic of the mountains. Prices are comparable to the most desirable villages on Mallorca. The vast majority of country properties start at around €1.2 million. Reformation projects are in huge demand and short supply.
The area enjoys an important natural heritage which highlight the Son Fortesa Oaks, oak forest of about 400 years or pine Son Guitard, an exemplary of huge dimensions white pine protected and cataloged since 1992. The scenic charm of Alaró invites hiking, highlighting the routes to Castillo de Alaró, whose summit remains of Christian fortification of this enclave remains of Muslims and cisterns, and the route to Orient are. Another essential route is the Clot d'Almendrà, considered one of the most beautiful places in the municipality.
In Alaró you can enjoy an exclusive selection of hotels and restaurants that adapting itself to the charm and characteristics of the area offer cute and quiet spaces with high quality products and services and following the traditions and "slow way of life" of the island, example of mentioned are: Hotel Rural S'Olivaret, a four star of great charm located between Alaró and Orient in the middle of the Sierra de Tramuntana located on an old olive mill two centuries old, the Hotel Beia or PenyaflorHotel & Spa. Equally notable are restaurants like Es Verger, located just before reaching the Castillo de Alaró, it is a traditional restaurant and relaxed style where guests share the table with no problem and where you can enjoy dishes from majorcan cooking. Another option is the restaurant Traffic, located in the luxurious Hotel Ca'n Xim.
Undoubtedly, Alaró is a charming village, besides its amazing setting and an unbeatable location has combined tradition, modern network of public facilities and an air of exclusivity that has led to become an increasingly sought after area and listed.If you are interested in purchasing a house in Alaró visit www.balearic-properties.com, you will find the best country houses for sale in Alaró Mallorca.
Would you like to find the property that's perfect for you in Alaró?
Contact us at the top of the page and our specialist agent in Alaró will get in touch inmediate