Mallorcan properties with holiday rental licences

If you as the owner of a Mallorcan home wish to rent out your property as a holiday rental, you will more than likely need to ensure that you have a tourist rental licence from the Balearic government.

Hot properties

205 listings match your search in Mallorca

What are you looking for?

The downside is, if you don't have the correct tourist rental licence, you could risk having a heavy fine imposed.

What sort of properties are involved?

If you have a detached or semi-detached house in Mallorca that you wish to rent out to holidaymakers, you will have to obtain a tourist rental licence.

If your property is neither detached or semi-detached, you can rent it out as a holiday property but there are certain conditions that you must fulfil.

The law can be a bit of a minefield, so it's a good idea to let the professionals help you ensure you stay on the right side of the law. We at Balearic Properties know the tourist rental law inside out and would be happy to help you abide by it.

At Balearic Properties we have a wide selection of properties for sale in Mallorca that have the correct holiday rental licence. So if you're looking to buy a property here on the island to rent out as a holiday rental, you can begin generating income straight away.

The regulations are highly complicated

The regulations for the tourist marketing of a home in Mallorca are complicated to say the least. First of all you have to identify what category your home comes under. Is it in a single family building or a multi family building? Does it share a plot with other properties? If in a block of flats, does the community of owners agree to the tourist marketing of the property? Does your property share the building with premises of any other users? Has the local town hall confirmed in writing that the property is in a suitable area? Does your property have an energy efficiency certificate? Do you have a water meter?

These are just a few examples of the complicated law regarding tourist rental licences in Mallorca! Do you really want to have to experience the stress and hassle of sorting it all out yourself? The good news is, Balearic Properties has a range of properties for sale with holiday rental licences already in place.

The rental zones

Is your property outside Palma? If so, the island has been divided into seven specific geographical areas for tourist rental purposes.

Zone 1 - Coastal tourist saturated areas
Zone 2 - Interior areas
Zone 3 - Interior areas with increased tourism pressure
Zone 4 - The rest of the interior areas
Zone 5 - Protected rural land 
Zone 6 - Common rustic land 
Zone 7 - Excluded areas 

It has to be noted that residential rental properties marketed with a tourism licence make a major contribution to Mallorca's economy. So, for your peace of mind, it's a good idea to remain on the right side of the law. And we at Balearic Properties are here to help!

At Balearic Properties we would be delighted to help you find your dream home for sale in Mallorca. If you would like any information or advice please feel free to contact one of our friendly, helpful property professionals. Or simply give us a call on +34 971 53 22 21

Subscribe to the newsletter and secure the best properties!

This website uses cookies and third party cookies to compile information for the purpose of improving company services and displaying advertising connected to user preferences. Continuing to browse constitutes aceptance of the cookies installation. The user can set their browser, if desired, to prevent cookies from being installed on the computer's hard drive. However, please note that this may cause difficulties when browsing on the website Accept cookies More Info