One of the most beautiful and attractive places in Mallorca, was the first to promote tourism on the island. The stunning landscape and multitude of colours, are reasons why Pollensa became the favourite place for artists to visit or settle in. Pollensa is very cultural, there are many galleries and typical artisan shops such as Galerias Vicenç and Casa Maria, where they look after the traditional family artcraft, the textile design and the special embroideries.
What things to consider when buying a property in Pollensa?
There are 10 important areas that are in high demand for buying a house , villa or apartment in Pollensa, but in fact everywhere is in high demand but let's focus on the principal best locations of Pollensa
- Pollenca Old Town: One of the most beautiful and traditional Towns on the island. Perfect for those who want lock and leave Properties that are accessible all year round. With the convenience of bars restaurants and a community of expatriates. A renovated townhouse will typically cost approximately a €500,000 all the way up to €3 million which was our last sale in this category. Along the Calvari steps you can occasionally find Villas with incredible views of the town rooftops and the Puig de Maria mountains.
- The surrounding countryside of Pollensa: Including three valleys (Vall de Colonya, Vall de Axertell, Vall de March) offer the best land for countryside properties within close proximity to Pollensa town and everything it has to offer. Average price for this zone is approximately €2 million. Amazing Finca’s and a sense of privacy is what people go for.
- La Font: Just outside Pollensa town is a neighborhood called La Font, which comprises of some country Properties and mainly Villas. The amount of land required here for legal construction is considerably less than 15,000 m² therefore you can find an excellent property for approximately €1.3 million. The urbanization sits against the mountain range. Here you will find elevated properties with incredible views all the way to the coast. Clients often by here due to the tranquility of the area and biking distance to Pollensa town.
- El Villa: This location is very much like La Font, on The same side of the mountain range, only closer to the Port. For this reason clients who choose to buy and invest here are typically looking for impressive Sea Views an easy connection to the restaurants and bars in the port of Pollensa.
- Boquer: properties for sale in this location are few and far between. Essentially, this is the street that leads to the Formentor road. Slightly elevated above the Port of Pollenca and the famous Pinewalk. It is one of the few locations where impressive Villas can be constructed In the port region.
- Llenaire: This is one of the only other location in the port where one can find impressive Villas other than Gotmar situated close to the sea or on the sea front. Remember that front line property always commands far greater prices. The same goes for Sea Views. These are features that are in incredible demand. So if you were thinking in terms of investment remember that these features will always push the price up.
- Port of Pollensa: The port has always attracted a huge amount of visitors over the years. Mainly due to the fact that it has been unspoiled and offers lively restaurant scene and nightlife without losing its charm and remaining a safe choice for families and individuals. The vast majority of the properties in this area all apartments. The most attractive of which are considered to be front line properties. The highest demand is seen along the pine walk. Apartments Cost anything from €150,000 to €2.5 million for Penthouses and semi detached properties. Front line villas occasionally come onto the market starting at €3 million.
- Crestatx/Subac: Perhaps my favorite investment region and one of the few that is underrated. The urbanizacion is located just 10 minutes [Wonderful] drive from Pollensa with a relatively new international school which has pushed up demand. The majority of the properties are under €1 million and do not have any of the legal complications that one can encounter in the countryside. Technically this is urban land and therefore building is far more straightforward. A typical Villa will sit on 1000 to 2000 m² of land and the price of a 4 bedroom villa with private will sale between €500.000 and €850.000 Euros.
Pollensa and its culture
Located in the north of Mallorca, Pollensa is definitely one of the most emblematic and historical towns on the island. The village is set between the Puig de Maria and the famous Calvari hill. Both are well worth a visit, the famous Calvari is a hill with 365 steps leading up to a chapel at the top. The Puig de Maria on Pollensa's outskirts is much higher but the views for those who master either steep ascent are rewarding! Pollensa town is about 40 minuntes drive from Palma de Mallorca city and the airport. Right now the city is home for about 11.000 inhabitants.
Balearic Properties Mallorca is the leading real estate agency in Pollensa with a large number of Villas for sale in Pollensa, apartments with sea views and country houses in the north of Mallorca. The coastal areas within the municipality of Pollensa include some of the most wonderful corners of the Mediterranean such as Formentor , Cala San Vicente, or Cala Pi.
A 5 minute drive from Pollença Old Town will take you to the former fishing village of charming Puerto Pollensa which has managed to retain its unique atmosphere with it's old tradition and fiestas. On warm, balmy evenings everyone wanders up and down between the marina where the yachts are moored, past the seafront cafes and along the famous Pine Walk to the elegant Illa D'Or hotel.
Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa
Pollença has the best climate for nature lovers and for those who enjoy playing golf, nautical sports and excursions. The best hikes in North Mallorca are up the Puig de Maria, the Castell del Rei, the Vall de Ternelles and “La Atalaia de Albercutx”.
Also the Formentor peninsula offers some lovely excursions, to the mountains Na Blanca and En Fumat for example. Or visit one of the lovely bays in the region, such as Cala Boquer, Cala San Vicenç or Cala Castell, or on the peninsula Formentor. Pollença is one of the best places to live in, to go for holliday and to enjoy the nature and art.
With fabulous white sand beaches stretching the length of the huge bay sheltered by the wild and rugged headland of Cabo Formentor, Puerto Pollenca magically retains an unruffled, leisurely atmosphere reminiscent of bygone days when it was just a small fishing port.